Saturday, August 13, 2005

Sittin on Top of the Ridge

Saturday is fairly slow over here. The battalions I support are regrouping, i.e., no meetings, and my contacts at DLA back in the states are practicing this thing called "Weekend", something I vaguely remember that follows "Friday Night's", "Dinner's Out", "High School Football" and at least one "B&W" (Bourbon and Water) (Annie of course would have a Cosmo).

Being slow, I decided to make a movie of a place to which I hope to retire (actually to its sister island to the north, Kauai), Hawaiiloa Ridge, Hawaii, just east of Waikiki.

As my favorite Mexican waiter in Houston used to say, En-yoy!

Click:


The smile that launched a thousand "I'm Hot!'s"


I can't get enough of Diamondhead


My girl!


Looks like South Louisiana in Hawaii, Cher


Dad, Can I have the rent car?


I said, "Smile Girls" (1/4 the way up...)


1/2 the way up...


Trip, investigating a creature behind the rock


I said, Pose dignified


The smile that launched a thousand Calvin & Hobbes schemes


Looking down on easter Waikiki


Looking down from 3/4 the way up


View of the windward side of Oahu, from the top


Downtown Honolulu, from the top


Towards the windward ridge